District Health When To Keep Kids Home
Please notify the school by 9:00 am if your child will be absent. If your child is not in school and you have not notified us, we will attempt to call. Should we not be able to contact anyone, we will assume that you have your child with you. There are times when your child should be kept home from school.
Do not send them to school if they have:
- A fever at 100.0 degrees or higher (Child must be fever-free for 24 hours without any fever-reducing medication)
- Thrown up or had diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- A rash until the cause is known and for as long as it is contagious
- Questionable or undiagnosed “Pink eye” – until the doctor permits attendance
- Other untreated illnesses such as head lice, parasites, strept throat etc.
Note: If your child has a communicable illness such as the strept throat, pink eye, head lice, influenza, or fifth’s disease, we ask that you report it to the school office.