Mission, Vision, & Goals
To maximize life’s opportunities for every child.
The Pella Community School District strives to be the best in the world at preparing students to be productive team members of society by teaching them to solve problems with unpredictable solutions. This happens through the following:
- Creating a passion for things students care about
- Teaching students how to ask questions that beg for solutions
- Developing a perspective that causes one to consider other points of view when considering solutions
- Experimenting with the impact of solutions to weigh the personal and economic costs of the solutions
- Teaching students ways to self-assess the quality of their solutions
Become a person of integrity and personal balance
Students will manage their physical, emotional, and social health. Students will demonstrate and practice the pillars of character in a safe learning environment.
Improve academic proficiency
All students will make growth regarding established standards and performance expectations. In addition, all students will achieve identified proficiency levels.
Develop complex thinking skills
All students will increase proficiency in problem solving models in all subject areas.
Become an effective communicator
All students will communicate effectively with others in a variety of contexts and formats including reading, writing, speaking, listening and interpersonal skills.
All students will demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
Exhibit global awareness
All students will analyze ways their actions, as well as the actions of others, impact the world environmentally, socially, culturally, politically, and economically.
We believe that achieving these goals will equip students with the skills and abilities to choose where he or she goes next in life. This happens through a continuous improvement effort that looks at three questions to guide our system:
- What do students need to know and be able to do? (Curriculum)
- What teaching methods best help students attain the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need? (Instruction)
- What do we use to measure those abilities and how do our students do when using those indicators? (Assessment)
To learn more about these three factors in a grade level and subject area searchable format, click on Pella Curriculum Maps.