Career Academy of Pella
The Career Academy of Pella is a state-of-the-art building where the Pella Community School District offers courses focusing on career and technical education. The design of the Career Academy concept has a four-pronged effect on our region:
- Train students in relevant and rigorous programs with hands-on experience.
- Increase the interest for students in careers that are related to post-secondary programs and require further education.
- Develop a workforce with a quicker turnaround for local business and industry needs.
- Encourage economic development and new business through a better trained workforce.
The systemic outcome:
- Keep students engaged in school and thus improving high school learning and completion.
- Develop a workforce through post-secondary training while keeping families in the region with good employment.
- Support sound economic environment ripe for new development.
Programs offered at the Career Academy