Announcements Tuesday, September 20Published on September 20, 2016
Today’s Lunch: Specialty Pizza or Breaded Chicken Sandwich Tomorrow’s Lunch: Breakfast for Lunch
- The Middle School Football team plays Norwalk today. 7th Grade will play here at home, 8th Grade will play at Norwalk, dismissal at 2:15.
- The volleyball teams will play Newton today. 8th grade here at home; 7th grade will head to Newton, dismissal at 2:45.
- The Middle School Cross Country team will race in Newton today. Dismissal at 2:45.
- There will be an informational meeting in the cafeteria on Wednesday, September 21during 10th period for anyone interested in running for student council. You will be discussing campaign speeches, uploading them to Moodle, and answering any questions you may have.
- Reminder that student council AND student ambassador applications are due to Mrs. Pentico or your social studies teachers by the end of the school day next Monday, September 26.
- Anyone participating in Club tennis, you may pick up your t-shirt from Mrs. Brandt during 10th period today.
- Students interested in helping with the flower beds may check into study hall 10th period and then meet in the lunch room. Be sure you have all of your work completed.
- 8th Graders: Please be ready to go outside for PE today.
- Children with cancer often spend months, even years, at home or in the hospital as they undergo critical treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. The American Childhood Cancer Organization’s mission is to provide this critical assistance and support to these children and their families, and you can help too! In honor of September being National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, the 7th graders are collecting DVDs to send to hospitals for children being treated for cancer to help pass the time and distract them while they are in the hospital. The DVDs will then be sent to the Kid Flicks organization which, as of June 29, 2016 has donated over 115,000 movies to over 1000 hospitals! Original DVDs rated G, PG, or PG-13 in their boxes or cases may be donated by bringing them to any social studies teacher in the building.
- There is a second way you can help! Because children with cancer often go through times where they lose their hair due to treatments for cancer and wear caps, hats, and scarves as a result, we’re hoping all students and staff will join the 7th graders by paying one dollar or more to wear a hat, cap, or scarf during the school day this coming Friday. You can join our “Cappin’ for Kids with Cancer” fundraiser by bringing your donation to any middle school social studies teacher by this Friday, which will get your name on the list to wear a cap that day. Please consider donating to these causes and helping make a positive difference in the lives of those who need it.
Have a great Tuesday!