Announcements January 20, 2016Published on January 20, 2016
Character Counts Quote
“Always remember: You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A. A. Milne
BBQ Chicken Sandwich or Hot Dog
Scheduling Reminder: Students, Friday, January 22nd is the LAST day to add any class to your schedule. Please stop in the counseling office if a change in your schedule is needed.
Anyone interested in participating on the shooting team this year please contact Mr. Siewert.
Reminder: SLT lunch 5th hour today.
Freshmen boys basketball will practice today at 2:00
Any freshmen going out for baseball this summer need to see Coach Jablonski in Room 118.
Wrestling defeated North Polk, Ogden and Colfax Mingo at North Polk.
In Pella swimming action last night at Senior Night in Newton, Pella lost a hard fought meet against Des Moines Roosevelt 104.5-65.5. Isaak Webb set a new school record in the 100 butterfly and the team of Lucas Warner, Isaak Webb, Aaron King and Jacob Knoll set new school records in both the 200 medley and 200 freestyle relays!!! The meet was filled with tough competition and great swims. The swimmers will next compete tomorrow night at Grinnell when they take on Grinnell and Williamsburg. The meet starts at 7:00 pm. Here are the top 3 finishers:
- 200 medley relay – Lucas Warner, Isaak Webb, Aaron King, Jacob Knoll – 1st,
- 200 freestyle – Aaron King – 3rd
- 100 butterfly – Isaak Webb – 1st, Aaron King – 2nd
- 100 freestyle – Lucas Warner – 1st
- 200 freestyle relay – Isaak Webb, Aaron King, Jacob Knoll, Lucas Warner – 1st
- 100 backstroke – Lucas Warner – 2nd
- 400 freestyle relay – Isaak Webb, Zach Theis, Paul Maharry, Logan Heisdorffer – 2nd