Announcements April 12, 2017Published on April 12, 2017
TODAY’S THOUGHT ON CHARACTER COUNTS – “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
Lunch – Holiday Dinner, Chicken and Noodles
Any juniors, sophomores or freshmen interested in Student Council for next year should see Mr. Rasmussen in Room 216 this week.
Any juniors interested in being Student Body President or Vice-President should also see Mr. Rasmussen this week
Carnaby Club 2017 is quickly approaching! The dates for this year’s shows are Friday, April 28th, and Saturday, April 29th. If you like to sing, dance, play an instrument, comedy, or have other unique talents, we would encourage you to audition.
Seniors – please stop by Student Services Center to sign up for senior service day.
Congratulations to Pella FFA at State FFA Convention in Ames on Monday and Tuesday. Results include:
- The FFA Chapter was recognized for the 2016-2017 Ag Ambassador Program by the Iowa FFA Foundation
- FFA members Chandler Jahner & Ben Thomas received their Iowa FFA Degrees for keeping updated financial records on their entrepreneurship projects of sheep operation and Turf Grass management businesses.
- Chandler Jahner is state champion in FFA Extemporaneous Speaking. He will represent Iowa FFA at the National FFA Convention in October in Indianapolis and compete against all fifty states, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
Forte Dance Team try out sign up is located in the main office. After you sign up, you will receive a packet with all of the try out information and dates.
- The Girls Track team, they won 12 events to bring home the team title.
- The Boys Soccer team on their victory over Pella Christian!
- The Boys Tennis team on defeating Indianola 11-0
- The Lady Dutch Golf Team on their victory at the Conference triangular versus Newton and Oskaloosa!
- The Lady Dutch Tennis team on their Victory over Indianola 10-1