Pumpkin Decorating – Favorite Book Character
Last year we had a wonderful response from students who decorated a pumpkin as their favorite book character. We are excited to offer the opportunity again this year!
If your child is interested in decorating a pumpkin to display in the library, here are a few things you should know:
- ALL grades are invited to participate, however it is OPTIONAL. It is not an assignment or required activity.
- Please, DO NOT CARVE OR POKE HOLES in a real pumpkin! It will start to rot and stink. : (.
- Decorate a pumpkin (real or fake) to look like any book character. We will display them on top of the library bookshelves for all to enjoy.
- You may bring your pumpkin to the library beginning October 17th. They will be on display until October 31st. I will take care of discarding the pumpkins when we are finished. If there is any decoration or accessory you add to your pumpkin that you want returned, please let me know.
- Put your name on the bottom of your pumpkin.
- HAVE FUN! Decorate as a family and be as creative as you want!
- Below are pictures from a few of last year’s entries: