Standard Response Protocol
PCSD has adopted the work of the I Love You Guys Foundation, and the Standard Response Protocol (SRP).
The SRP identifies five actions that can be taken in response to a variety of emergency situations:
- Lockout – When there is a threat outside of the building. Students, staff and visitors are secured inside the school to reduce the risk of exposure.
- Lockdown – When there is a threat inside the building. Room doors are locked, lights are out and individuals move out of sight.
- Students and staff will hear an announcement: “Locks, lights out of sight.”
- Evacuate – Move to a new location.
- Shelter – When there is a hazard requiring the need for personal safety.
- Hold – Stay in the classroom to keep hallways clear.
Please see the Standard Response Protocol Flyer for more detail.